Financial Planning&Reporting Analyst
Job Summary and Purpose
National Candidates Preferred.
Support the continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency in financial processes by providing accurate & timely financial reports and analyzing annual budget while ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
1. Prepare quarterly, half-yearly and annual consolidated financial statements within required timeline
2. Ensure financial statements are prepared in compliance with IFRS & US GAAP
3. Present entity level performance on CFO’s quarterly review meeting
4. Ensure accurate and timely submission of required reports / information to various regulatory authorities (QFMA, QSE, Statistics Dept. etc.)
5. Coordinate with external auditors for annual statutory audit, half-yearly review and interim audit to ensure that all audit queries are adequately addressed and resolved in a timely manner
6. Provide monthly OPEX cost report for Fleet Dept. to comment on variances.
7. Lead annual budget activity and seek relevant information and explanations from budget owners
8. Prepare entity level annual budget with analysis & explanations
9. Prepare financial slides for JV Board meeting and present the annual budget to the JV Board
10. Co-ordinate with departments to ensure Risk Control Matrix for ICOFR is up to date
11. Work with departments or consultant to ensure annual testing of operating effectiveness of internal controls is performed
12. Co-ordinate with External Auditor to ensure alignment on RCM and ICOFR testing and remediation actions
Due Diligence & Investor Relations:
13. Prepare ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic business decisions.
14. Support Investor Relations team on Arabic related matters – (dealing with regulatory authorities & shareholders’ inquiries)
15. Support Investor Relations team on Nakilat’s Board meetings AGM / EGM and related communications with regulatory authorities
Safety, Health, Environment, & Quality (SHEQ):
16. Adhere to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
17. Implement approved policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure their proper implementation.
18. Support continuous improvement initiatives within the team to drive efficiency in financial planning & reporting processes
19. Coordinate with tax advisors for preparation and submission of annual & periodic tax returns (UK VAT, UK Corporate Tax, and Qatari taxation).
20. Coordinate and communicate with JV partners/vessel managers/charterers on regular basis.
21. Carry out any other duties as directed by the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager.
- Implement sound financial practices and standards
- Prepare and finalize Statement of Financial position and Income Statement
- Prepare budgets.
- Effective tax calculations and understanding
- Compliance with all accounting standards
- Timely disclosure of accurate Management reports
- Ethical and responsible decisions making
- Chiefs, Senior Management, Managers and Heads – to provide update on financial reporting activities, budget related matters etc.
- Internal Auditors – to discuss compliance with international standards, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Charterer, vessels managers, JV Partners and Tax advisors – to regularly review invoices, OPEX cost, budgeting and taxation
- Auditors - to provide financial performance overview of operations and other relevant financial material for audit purposes
As per TOFAQualifications, Experience and Job Skills Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any related field
- Specialized certificates are preferred (CPA,ACCA, CA, CMA…etc)
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in a similar position, preferably in a similar industry.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and financial principles and tools. (US GAAP & IFRSs)
- Knowledge of financial concepts and statistical/analytical methods and ability to use data effectively to develop, implement and manage operational plans and actions
Job Segment: QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Quality
Commi ChefAspro CafeFor the only employee in Doha. Job Description We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver42 minute agoShareDoha
ASST. MANAGER, VENTURES AUDITSPetroplanCompany: Oil and Gas Operator Department: Internal Audit Primary purpose of job: Provide independent and objective assurance to the Board Audit Committee on the7 hour agoShareDoha
Senior Venture Control AccountantQatargasThe Role Provide professional advice and guidance on division specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound7 hour agoShareDoha
F&B Procurement SpecialistAzadea Group - LebanonThe Role The F&B Procurement Specialist assists in various activities related to non-merchandise procurement providing an effective F&B procurement function and7 hour agoShareDoha
Manager - Technology Program LeadershipMichaelPageBullet points High growth global consulting business expanding their transformation division Chance to lead and grow a successful PMO About Our Client Our client is8 hour agoShareDoha