Kitchen Team Leader
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
ROLE PURPOSE: Under the general supervision of the Kitchen Manager, responsible for running multiple sections in the kitchen, managing a team of workers responsible for keeping the section organized so that meals go out on time and as planned, and the work area remains clean and orderly
- Direct the preparation, cooking and presentation of culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen and troubleshooting any problem that may arise in the section assigned to
- Coordinate with his subordinates regarding stocks and ingredients available to proactively produce food in accordance to the time allotted
- Handle the sections staffing and roster attending to any problem that may arise with regard to the attendance of the staff or any additional manpower needed for production
- Develop and plan the menu with other chefs in the kitchen, according to the market needs and customer’s preference (Market specific)
- Actively work with the senior culinary team to increase work knowledge and expertise in all areas of production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of commis chefs and co-workers engaged in food preparation
- Collaborate with the culinary team to secure plate presentation and production according to recipe cards
- Delegate work to subordinates, observe working methods and coordinate with senior production co-workers on necessary training to increase productivity and performance
- Insure all equipment and machineries are working according to highest standards, and securing Preventive maintenance is done frequently and in place
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualification:Secondary Degree
Minimum Experience and Knowledge: Previous service environment experience, ideally sales or hospitality - Minimum of 2 years.
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Communication skills, speak, read & understand English language.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate, specifically MS Office
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Stewarding SupervisorTIVOLICompany Description Founded in 1933 in Portugal, Tivoli Hotels & Resorts has built and maintained a distinct charismatic character and elegant personality in all its19 minute agoShareDoha
CommisTIVOLICompany Description Founded in 1933 in Portugal, Tivoli Hotels & Resorts has built and maintained a distinct charismatic character and elegant personality in all its19 minute agoShareDoha
Professional Services Project Manager - QatarPalo Alto NetworksCompany Description Our Mission At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our19 minute agoShareDoha
Commi ChefAspro CafeFor the only employee in Doha. Job Description We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver1 hour agoShareDoha
Electrical ELV TechnicianCitifour Secuiry servicesMulti-skilled technician to carry out fault diagnosis, remedial repairs, calibration, and planned preventative maintenance of the ELV systems. The main purpose of this1 hour agoShareDoha